This was our itinerary once we landed in Fort Cochin, Kerala:
- Fort Kochi, Kerala
- Cruising the Backwaters via Alleppey, Kerala
- A one-night stay in a backwaters town with the family of Manesh, our boat's captain
- Two nights in Amma's Ashram in Amritapuri, Kerala. I wish I had pictures, it was such an interesting experience! You can look her up at: http://www.amritapuri.org/. One of her signatures is her hugging when she gives darnas or blessings. The claim is that she has hugged 29 million people!
- Munnar, Kerala (Hill Station town known for its Tata tea plantations)
- Munnar Hills - this area is lower and known for spice plantations
- Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu - known for beautiful hiking and a prestigious international school. Very popular for Indian honeymooners
- Mysore, Karnataka (after some LONG bus rides and one stop over in Coimbatore). This was a busy town, but not quite big enough to have an airport by Indian standards. I (Sara) did many yoga classes and nearly killed myself. Indian teachers tend to push students MUCH harder.
- Mammalapuram via Chennai.